Canoe Rental (Non member rate)
Patuxent Riverkeeper 2021 Pandemic Rental policies
– Reservations must be transacted online. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO RESERVE YOUR LAUNCH TIME DURING THE CHECKOUT PROCESS.
– Canoes and kayaks to the general public (including tandems) will only be available for rent by online appointment only, starting on April 1 through October 31st on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
– Patuxent Riverkeeper members can rent during the week by appointment
– An individual boat will be available for only one rental per day, (the day of use, marked with chalk on the boat).
– PFD’s will be disinfected after each use and hung in the open air for 24 hours before re-use
– Reservations require designated launch time slots. (We don’t want a lot of people waiting together)
– Patuxent River Park- Reservations will be available in 15 minute time slots from 9am-1:45pm. Boats must be returned by 2pm.
– A maximum of 4 boats per reservation.
– Once a boat is rented and a time slot is chosen, the boat will become unavailable for the entire day including the time before the time slot (i.e. a boat rented with an 11am time slot will not be available if someone wishes to reserve it at 9am)
· Rentals cannot be made less than 24 hours of the chosen date. A Saturday rental cannot be made on a Friday. A Sunday rental cannot be made on a Saturday.
· You must be 18 or older to make the reservation.